Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: comcast - dish - direct

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    comcast - dish - direct

    looking to upgrade my service. just have basic comcast right now. have done a little searching around. for what I can see, Dish offers me what I need at a better price than the other 2. just wondering if maybe I need to dig deeper but so far what I found is that comcast HD is pretty much a sad place compared to direct and dish. (mind you that the price will be almost the same with all three) With direct I can get 150 digital channels and 40 HD for just about $78 a month. With Dish I will get 200 and 80HD for the same price. Comcast offers about 18 HD channesl for that price.
    I see that Dish is rated #1 and Direct #2 and I really dont need a sports package. would be nice but going too far out of budget.
    opinions welcome
    thanks
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member 89bluedevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 30th, 2005
    Posts
    763
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: comcast - dish - direct

    I left Comcast in this area a little over a year ago and have never regretted it. I don't need HD or anything, but the availability of many more channels with a better picture quality for about the same price as what Comcast offered made me switch. My only regret is that I bundled the TV service with my other Verizon services which leaves me little flexibility if I want to change something.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member red66's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2009
    Posts
    433
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: comcast - dish - direct

    I have DirecTv and the service is great. The price was great for the first year with all of the discounts they offer, but after the first year the price goes up quite a bit. If you do decide to go with DirecTv then get all of the receivers that you think you will ever need at the start up, because if you need another one it will cost you an arm and a leg and extend your contract for another two years.

    Also, if you do go with DirecTv I can send you my account number through the refer a friend and save you an extra $10 per month per month 10 months and me $10 per month too.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: comcast - dish - direct

    Went with Dish myself, as you've said they offer the most for the same price. I never have any trouble wwith signal. Can do the same thing with the referal savings too.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member simple man's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 11th, 2008
    Posts
    1,001
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: comcast - dish - direct

    Don't pay for HD myself, but you might want to compare the sat services. Direct claims that Dish counts one movie as a channel.
    We'll keep the lights on for you.
    Spuds

  6. #6
    Inactive Member cosmo99's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 7th, 2005
    Posts
    503
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: comcast - dish - direct

    I have Directv and have all the channels, 4 HDTV receivers and one DVR HDTV receiver and I pay around 150.00 a month sometimes more sometimes less depends on if I order something or get the NFL Sunday Ticket. I like the service. I don't lose signal and really have never had a problem with them.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member simple man's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 11th, 2008
    Posts
    1,001
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: comcast - dish - direct

    If you are losing signal, there is something that can be fixed. We are right in the tree line and still don't lose TV unless there is a downpour. The dish is 14-15 feet in the air. I've heard folks complain- when dad's was put in the screws that hold the dish in place were finger-tight and the dish moved everytime the wind blew. Took about5 mins to fix.
    We'll keep the lights on for you.
    Spuds

  8. #8
    HB Forum Owner SBG's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18th, 2004
    Posts
    2,279
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: comcast - dish - direct

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBeast View Post
    Went with Dish myself, as you've said they offer the most for the same price. I never have any trouble wwith signal. Can do the same thing with the referal savings too.
    Ditto.

    Also, Dish offers HD for free. And I think their referral program is a little better.
    [LEFT][IMG]http://www.dsslexius.net/forums/images/smilies/goneinsanegif.gif[/IMG][/LEFT]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: comcast - dish - direct

    Quote Originally Posted by SBG View Post
    Ditto.

    Also, Dish offers HD for free. And I think their referral program is a little better.
    I've got free HD with direct tv.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  10. #10
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: comcast - dish - direct

    Quote Originally Posted by SBG View Post
    Ditto.

    Also, Dish offers HD for free. And I think their referral program is a little better.
    To get free HD for life you have to enroll in AutoPay which isn't a big deal but some don't like that. It's in the small print during the commercial.
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •